IN THIS EPISODE: Today we discuss all the news from IBC 2016 with Matt Allard from NewsShooter.com We share the latest lens, lighting, camera and gear announcements that you need to know about! The Go Creative Show is supported by Hedge For Mac Kessler Crane Rule Boston Camera PremiumBeat News Shooter Shutterstock The PremiumBeat.com Song… Continue Reading …
Archives for September 2016
Go Creative Show celebrates 100 episodes with Kevin Ross and Dean Zimmerman, the editors behind the massive Netflix hit Stranger Things and we discuss all the post production techniques used to create its nostalgic look and engaging sequences.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Wild Things by Good News Tunes
Spotlight: Kevin Ross and Dean Zimmerman
Kevin Ross and Dean Zimmerman are the editors behind the massive Netflix hit Stranger Things. Together they help create it’s nostalgic look, action scenes, and perfectly paced sequences. As any editor knows, the pacing and feeling of the show can be influenced by what happens in the edit suite and we talk all about their techniques. Dean comes from a film background, while Kevin brings years of tv editing experience and we discuss the differences between the two workflows, and how together they have helped to create the pop culture phenomenon Stranger Things.
- Why Stranger Things has become a pop culture phenomenon
- Editing for snappy dialogue
- The post production process for Stranger Things
- Finishing on 4K, shooting in 6K
- Shooting and editing schedules
- Collaboration with other editors
- How removing the sound can enhance the scene
- How Jim Carey brought them together
- The 80’s tonal feel of the Stranger Things color grade
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Kevin Ross IMDB
- Dean Zimmerman IMDB
- Ben Consoli on Instagram
- Go Creative Show Twitter
- BC Media Productions Website
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images