AMC’s Breaking Bad may be in its final season, but its Director of Photography Michael Slovis shows no signs of slowing down. The Emmy Award winning cinematographer and director shares his experience and insight from work in countless tv shows and movies plus we dive deep into his genius and groundbreaking visual direction in “Breaking Bad”. Spoiler alert… there are no spoilers!
We discuss how “Breaking Bad” became an instant classic, Michael’s decision to shoot on film, the difference between directing photography and directing actors, his involvement in post production, the hidden visual effects of Breaking Bad, lighting techniques and more. Aside from “Breaking Bad” Michael talks about his Emmy Award winning cinematography for CSI : Crime Scene Investigation, his work on countless television shows and movies and his upcoming projects.
- FCP.co posts Ben’s FCPX Multi-Cam presentation from the BOSCPUG.
- Jim Jannard, CEO of RED Cameras steps down. Read his final post
- It’s OK to fire your clients! FStop Academy’s great post sparks conversation
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: “Trailer Town” by Artiria Productions
Spotlight: Michael Slovis, Director of Photography for “Breaking Bad”
- Michael originally said NO to Breaking Bad
- Creating the film look by using… FILM!
- Keeping a consistant look while working with multiple directors
- The hidden visual effects of Breaking Bad
- Why they “burn-in” the color
- The difference between being a DP and director
- Collaboration with post production
- Michael plays the fiddle?!? Who knew!
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
SHOW SUPPORTERS & DISCOUNT CODES:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Don’t forget you can get 20% OFF any Crumplepop product by using code “Need20” at checkout!
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- 1 Million Download Celebration (with Matt Workman and Rob Bessette) GCS140 - February 15, 2018
- A Casting Director Tells All (with Angela Peri) GCS139 - January 18, 2018
- The Disaster Artist and Remaking The Room (with Brandon Trost) GCS138 - January 7, 2018