IN THIS EPISODE:
Hannah Beachler is the production designer behind some of today’s hottest films including CREED, MOONLIGHT, and the upcoming BLACK PANTHER and she’s on the show to discuss her career in film and the role of a production designer.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: LA Waves by Tonemassif
Spotlight: Hannah Beachler
Hannah Beachler is a prolific production designer with an affinity for realistic design that emphasizes emotional drama. Over the past few years, Hannah’s designed some of the hottest films like, Miles Ahead, Creed, Moonlight, Beyonce’s Lemonade, and the much anticipated upcoming film Black Panther. Hannah and I discuss the role of a production designer, how she collaborates with the camera department, working with director Ryan Coogler and how she finds inspiration for each of her films.
- What is a production designer and what do they do
- Why does the production design one of the first members of the crew
- Working with Ryan Coogler
- How to approach a period piece, and her work on “Miles Ahead”
- What inspired the design of Miles Davis’s home
- Is New Orleans the next Hollywood?
- The production design of “Creed” and the “Rocky” easter eggs
- An inside look at the production design of the upcoming Black Panther
- Working on Beyonce’s Lemonade
- Working on Moonlight and the power of the story
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Hannah Beachler Official Website
- Ben Consoli on Instagram
- Go Creative Show Twitter
- BC Media Productions Website
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Cinematography of Westworld Season 2 (with John Grillo) GCS147 - June 1, 2018
- NAB 2018 (with Matt Allard and Erik Naso) GCS146 - May 23, 2018
- Deconstructing Stranglers (with Portland Helmich) GCS145 - April 29, 2018