IN THIS EPISODE:
The one and only Philip Bloom joins us today to talk about his career shooting across the world, new cinematic technologies like 360 video, drone videography, and how his work has inspired a generation of filmmakers.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Burning Man by Zac Nelson
Spotlight: Philip Bloom
Philip Bloom is a world-renowned filmmaker who has proved to his audiences that you can create incredible cinematic images no matter the camera. Some of Philip most iconic work was created with DSLR’s and as one of the biggest evangelists for their use, his website PhilipBloom.net has become the home for filmmakers who embrace new production technologies. Philip has worked across the world and won countless awards, but most importantly, he’s inspired millions of filmmakers to follow their dreams.
- How Philip got his start in the production industry
- How the news industry shaped Philip’s career
- Is the Golden Age of Blogs over?
- 360 video production
- Drone videography and the Mavic Pro
- DSLR filmmaking
- Philips wildly successful blog
- Tips for staying engaged in your work
- Shooting CNN’s Wanderlist
- Why Philip loves Instagram Stories
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Philip Bloom Official Website
- @philipbloom on Twitter
- Philip Bloom on Instagram
- Ben Consoli on Instagram
- Go Creative Show Twitter
- BC Media Productions Website
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- 1 Million Download Celebration (with Matt Workman and Rob Bessette) GCS140 - February 15, 2018
- A Casting Director Tells All (with Angela Peri) GCS139 - January 18, 2018
- The Disaster Artist and Remaking The Room (with Brandon Trost) GCS138 - January 7, 2018