IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we are joined by two experts to help us better communicate and collaborate. First, Andrew Hurteau, a presentation and communication skills coach shares tips on how to better present yourself and your ideas. Then Emery Wells, the co-founder of Frame.io joins us to discuss how to effectively collaborate with your team and clients, and how Frame.io could be the best tool to do that. Plus Matt Allard from NewsShooter.com joins us to discuss all the latest industry news.
- Lynda.com offers a free 7-Day trial
- Rule Boston Camera Events at Rule.com
- Matt Allard covers the latest industry news
- Odyssey 7Q’s new firmare
- A look at Shotput Pro
- Blackmagic adds three flavors of pro res to their camera lineup.
- The DJI Ronin slashes prices
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Still I Won’t Let Go By Max Brodie
Ben’s Lynda.com Podcast Playlist
Spotlight: Communicate / Collaborate : Andrew Hurteau & Emery Wells
Today’s spotlight is in 2 parts: Communication and Collaboration. These are probably the most essential skills we need to be successful in any creative industry. So I invited two experts to share tips and experiences in both of these areas. We begin communication. Andrew Hurteau, a presentation and communication skills coach with Butterfield speaks. Andrew shares tips on how to better present yourself and your ideas to clients, co-workers and audiences in general. We also discuss the value of good communication, how to be a better speaker, how to be a better listener and simple tips to help you strengthen your voice.
The next part of our spotlight is collaboration and to discuss this I invite Emery Wells on the show. Emery is the co-founder of Frame.io an online, cloud-based video review and collaboration tool for creative media teams. Emery is also a post production veteran who understands the challenges we face every day. We discuss the value of collaboration, tips to keep your projects from derailing and of course, how Frame.io is setting out to be the new standard in creative collaboration.
- How to pitch your ideas to clients and co-workers.
- Tips on making the most engaging presentation possible.
- Listening tips. People always know if you are listening or not.
- Tips to improve your voice.
- The features of Frame.io
- How can you get involved with Frame.io now
- Why is collaboration the key to a successful project
- How will Frame.io store and share your video files
- What are the collaboration challenges we face… and how to overcome them.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Butterfield Speaks
- Change Your Voice, Change Your Life on YouTube
- Rick Macomber’s “Light Minus Zero” info at MacomberProductions.com and @boston_camera
- Official website for BC Media Productions.com
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Slow TV Movement (with Thomas Hellum) GCS122 - May 25, 2017
- NAB 2017 (with Matt Allard and Erik Naso) GCS121 - May 6, 2017
- The Cinematography of Get Out (with Toby Oliver) GCS120 - April 29, 2017