IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we have two fantastic interviews starting with Des Doyle, director of the documentary “Showrunners” The Art of Running a TV Show featuring interviews with JJ Abrams, Kurt Sutter and other showrunners from today’s biggest tv series. Then the creators of Humanity.tv, a fully immersive travel and adventure iPad app discuss the fascinating stories they capture from around the world.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: High Ballers by GYOM
Ben’s Lynda.com Podcast Playlist
Spotlight: Des Doyle
Des Doyle is an Dublin based film maker who’s fascination with US television inspired his directorial debut “Showrunners” The Art of Running A TV Show. Des interviews some of the most influential showrunners like JJ Abrams, Kurt Sutter and others from shows like LOST, Revenge, The Good Wife, Sons of Anarchy, Person of Interest and many more. Des gives us an inside look at how our television industry works and just how fragile even some of the most successful shows actually are. You’ll never watch TV the same way again.
- What is a showrunner?
- The behind-the-scenes politics in the American TV industry.
- Thoughts from some of the top showrunners of our generation.
- Des’s production process
- Moving from Dublin to LA
- and more…
Kerrin Sheldon and Gaston Blanchet are the co-creators of Humanity.tv, an iPad app for explorers, travelers and adventurers. It’s a travel app that pus storytelling and cultural immersion above all else. Each issue is packed with fascinating people and stories from around the world brilliantly delivered in an intuitive and fun iPad app. We talk with Kerrin and Gaston about their process, gear package and how they manage to pay for this self-funded project. But even more impressive than the stories they capture, is the story of how they do it.
- How to prepare to shoot around the world
- The shared economy
- How Kerrin and Gaston developed their app
- Producing through social media
- Shooting challenges while working in foreign countries
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Lynda.com – You Can Learn It!
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Making of Negative (with Joshua Caldwell) GCS132 - October 13, 2017
- IBC 2017 (with Erik Naso) GCS131 - October 4, 2017
- Creative Entrepreneurs (with Jeffrey Shaw) GCS130 - September 16, 2017