IN THIS EPISODE:
USA Networks wildly popular show Burn Notice is wrapping up its final season and we sit down with the shows editor Zack Arnold. We go behind-the-scenes and talk post production, special effects and the editing workflow for a major TV show. We learn how Zack went from Farm-Boy to full time editor and cover his new documentary “Go Far: The Christopher Rush Story” plus Dan Chung from NewsShooter.com stops by to talk about the Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera and the future of 4K.
- Ben’s FCPX Multi-Cam presentation from the BOSCPUG is a huge success!
- Dan Chung from NewsShooter.com reviews the Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera.
- Dan Chung’s take on the next video production revolution may surprise you…
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Seize The Moment by Vincent Tone
Spotlight: Zack Arnold, Editor of “Burn Notice”
- Why the biggest shows can have the most outdated workflows
- Burn Notice special effects are mostly real
- Farm boy to full time editor
- Zack’s favorite episode and why
- The movie trailer industry
- Creating tension in simple scenes
- Advice for aspiring editors
- Avid Vs. Premiere
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Zack Arnold Official Website
- Go Far: The Christopher Rush Story Movie Website
- Dan Chung – NewsShooter.com
SHOW SUPPORTERS & DISCOUNT CODES:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Don’t forget you can get 20% OFF any Crumplepop product by using code “Need20” at checkout!
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Cinematography of Get Out (with Toby Oliver) GCS120 - April 29, 2017
- Becoming a Better Interviewer (with Will Humphrey) GCS119 - April 19, 2017
- The Nature Cinematography of Kong Skull Island (with Ross Riege) GCS118 - April 8, 2017