IN THIS EPISODE:
Adam Gaines is a writer for film, tv, theater, and comics and he’s here today to take us inside the Hollywood writers room.
Rule Boston Camera
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Hooked on a Feeling by GYOM
Spotlight: Adam Gaines
As a rising star in the Hollywood writers community, Adam Gaines has written for network television shows like NBC’s State of Affairs and the FX drama, The Bridge, and his story doesn’t end there because Adam has also written for feature films, theater, and even comics. Adam shares his story, starting at the bottom and working his way into the coveted writers room. And now that he’s there, he shares behind the scenes secrets of how some of your favorite shows and movies are made.
- Why being dialog-heavy writer makes it harder to break into the industry
- Why a writers assistant is not what you think
- What happens when a show flops
- The behind the scenes secrets of a “writers room”
- What is the most coveted episode for a writer to work on
- Adam’s upcoming film “Negative” directed by Josh Caldwell
- How releasing Mixtape a free collection of 1-act plays, jumpstarted Adam’s career
- Fire Sale is Adam’s latest collection of 1-act plays and it’s only $1
- and much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Cinematography of Get Out (with Toby Oliver) GCS120 - April 29, 2017
- Becoming a Better Interviewer (with Will Humphrey) GCS119 - April 19, 2017
- The Nature Cinematography of Kong Skull Island (with Ross Riege) GCS118 - April 8, 2017