IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we welcome commercial director and filmmaker Vincent Laforet. Vincent talks about everything from his award winning photography for the New York Times to his DOP and Directing work for brands like Reebok, Pepsi. Plus we learn more about his upcoming workshop “Directing Motion” which is touring the country now!
- We welcome our new sponsor Lynda.com and offer a free 7-Day trial
- Rule Boston Camera Events at Rule.com
- Panasonic GH4 First Impressions
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Can’t Slow Down By Reaktor Productions
Spotlight: Vincent Laforet
Vincent Laforet is a Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer, director and filmmaker who is celebrated for his tilt-shift and aerial photography and considered a pioneer in the DSLR revolution. Shortly after releasing his short film “Reverie” which was the first 1080p video shot with still cameras, his life and career took spectacular turn and he quickly became one of the most influential figures in our production community. Thanks to his extremely successful blog, captivating visuals and impeccable storytelling he’s shot and directed for Nike, Mountain Due, Volkswagen and other worldwide brands. Through all this, his commitment to teaching has never wavered and Vincent is on the show today to announce his Directing Motion Tour, a 36 city national tour where he breaks down some of the greatest films in history and focuses on when and why to move the camera.
- When and Why to move the camera
- How to be a better director
- Details about Vincent’s Directing Motion Tour
- Digital Bolex Monochrome Camera
- Vincent’s early days as a photographer at the New York Times
- The transition from photo to video
- Becoming a public figure in the production world
- How the Canon 5DMII changed his career
- Vincent’s Must-See movies
- The importance of blocking and storyboarding
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Lynda.com free 7 Day Trial!
- Vincent Laforet’s Directing Motion Tour
- Official website for BC Media Productions.com
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Slow TV Movement (with Thomas Hellum) GCS122 - May 25, 2017
- NAB 2017 (with Matt Allard and Erik Naso) GCS121 - May 6, 2017
- The Cinematography of Get Out (with Toby Oliver) GCS120 - April 29, 2017