IN THIS EPISODE: Matt Russell is an audio mixing engineer for music, film, and video and he’s here today to share the 3 simple techniques that you can use to make your videos sound better. The Go Creative Show is supported by Hedge For Mac Kessler Crane Rule Boston Camera PremiumBeat News Shooter Shutterstock Rule… Continue Reading …
Our guest today is producer, mixer and composer Tom Polce. Tom currently works at CBS composing music for a variety of tv shows and movies, and he also share stories from his incredible career as a musician and producer for some of the biggest artists in the world. Then Matt Allard from Newsshooter.com joins us to discuss all the latest industry news.
- Voigtlander Super Wide
- Nikon 300mm
- Canon 11-24
- Sony FE 28mm and why does it have separate adapters?
- The new Tokina 11-20mm may replace your 11-16mm
- Kinemax 6K Raw could be our future.
- Arri Amira update makes broadcast shooters very happy
- A list of the best sun hoods for Odyssey 7Q
- Dog Schidt optics make old lenses new again
- …and more
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: King of it All by Allegory Music
Spotlight: Tom Polce
Tom Polce is an accomplished producer, mixer and composer who’s worked on countless albums for world renowned artists like Bob Dylan, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ministry, and many more. We discuss Tom’s entire career, including his A&R work at CBS records and what inspired him to sign bands and artists. Currently Tom works at CBS composing and producing music for a variety of tv shows and movies and we discuss the delicate relationship between music composers and the film and television industry.
As a special bonus, I am joined by the man who mixes the audio for all the work we do here at BC Media Productions, and he also mixes this very podcast, our own Matt Russell from Gain Structure Sound joins me while we interview our spotlight guest, Tom Polce.
- Tom’s path from musician to A&R to CBS music
- Producing and mixing music for some of the largest artists in the world
- What does an A&R person really do and how do you get their attention?
- How Tom gets inspired to create music for CBS television shows
- Inspiring words from Tom for up and coming musicians
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Tom Polce official website
- Matt Russells official site
- Official website for BC Media Productions.com
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema