Today we discuss social media for creative professionals with our guest, Social Media Strategist Emily Thomas. Emily and I discuss techniques you can use to help build an active network of followers across twitter, Facebook, instagram and more.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Yellow Door by Nicolas Major
Spotlight: Emily Thomas
Emily Thomas is a Social Media Strategist and contributor to Social Media Week and the Huffington Post. After managing the social media for Still Motion, Emily became one of the top social experts in the video production field. We discuss the tips and tricks you can use to build your social media community, the do’s and don’ts of posting on twitter, which service is best for your work and much much more.
- Working with Still Motion
- What is the 80/20 rule in social media
- How to build an active community on twitter
- How to keep your twitter feed personal
- Social media tips for filmmakers
- Sharing the same tweet in different ways
- Twitter scheduling tools and how they can awesome
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema