Coyote Peterson and Mark Laivins are the brains and personalities behind the massively successful nature shows on the Brave Wilderness YouTube channel. But there’s much more than just bites and stings and we talk all about it.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Lifetime Travels by Cymatix
Spotlight: Brave Wilderness
Brave Wilderness is the hugely popular YouTube channel featuring host Coyote Peterson receiving devastating stings and bites from the most dangerous creatures on our planet. But there’s much more to this internet phenomenon and we talk to both Coyote Peterson and director Mark Laivins about their production techniques, camera and lens choices while in the wilderness, and turning viral fame into a successful brand.
- How Brave Wilderness started with a love of filmmaking
- Working with the Discovery Channel
- How the attention span for online videos is getting longer
- What is clickbait and why Brave Wilderness is not
- Balancing education and entertainment
- Life after a viral video
- The lighting and camera choices for wildlife production
- Where the Brave Wilderness brand is headed
- Could this lead to a full length feature documentary?
- Why an entertainment attorney is the most important person on your team
- Coyote Peterson on Conan O’Brian
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Brave Wilderness on YouTube
- Ben Consoli on Instagram
- Go Creative Show Twitter
- BC Media Productions Website
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema