IN THIS EPISODE: Benjamin Eckstein of Beryllium Pictures joins me to discuss how to start and grow a production company. This is one of the most candid and honest discussions we’ve had on the show sharing secrets on securing clients, developing budgets, and more. The Go Creative Show is supported by Kessler – www.kesslercrane.com Rule… Continue Reading …
Today we discuss space and educational programing with Dan Krueger, television producer and field producer for the nationally syndicated Fox tv show Xploration Outer Space. The Go Creative Show is supported by Kessler – www.kesslercrane.com Rule Boston Camera – www.rule.com PremiumBeat.com NewsShooter.com Shutterstock The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week Listen to this weeks full track:… Continue Reading …
Today filmmaker Ron Dawson and I talk about running a production company. We discuss the challenges and rewards of commercial and corporate video, how to make your company stand out among the competition, and Ron’s philosophy of Collaborative Leveraging and how it could bring you the creative work you desire.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Sweet and Sour by Good News Tunes
Spotlight: Ron Dawson
Ron Dawson is an award-winning filmmaker, new media producer, content marketer, speaker, coach, and author. With over a decade in the production industry he has created successful new media and content marketing campaigns for such companies Apple and Adobe. Ron also writes about the art & business of filmmaking & photography at DareDreamerMag.com Much of Ron’s success is based on this idea of Collaborate Leveraging and we discuss how this technique may be able to give your business a boost.
- The jump from wedding video to corporate.
- How to discuss budget with a new customer
- The creativity of corporate work
- What is “collaborative leveraging”
- Ron’s experience shooting in India
- The Hero’s Journey
- Strategies for shooting internationally
- How becoming an “Idea Company” helps Ron stand out among other production companies
- Are creative aggregation sites like SmartShoot your competition
- SoundandSea.TV and #ImprovJam/span>
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Numbers – A child exploitation and Sex Trafficking
- Ron’s return to podcasting: Cinemaverick
- Official Website for BC Media Productions
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images