IN THIS EPISODE: Oscar Rene Lozoya is an Editor on the NBC hit Chicago Fire, producer of a viral video with over 30M views, and director of “How We Met”, an award winning feature film produced for under $1000. The Go Creative Show is supported by Hedge For Mac Kessler Crane Rule Boston Camera PremiumBeat… Continue Reading …
Today we discuss “Monster Makeup” with special effects makeup artist Frank Ippolito. Frank shares stories from his work on films, television shows and his production company Ghost Works LLC. Frank also shares his techniques and what inspires him to create unique movie monsters. Then Matt Allard, ACS joins us to discuss all the latest industry news stories on NewsShooter.com
- Rule Boston Camera has informative FREE Learning Labs all month long. RSVP here.
- Odessey 7Q+ ships with 2 free SSD’s
- Atomos Shogun firmware update
- A7 M2 firmware improves stabilization dramatically
- Go Pro adds 240fps and more
- DJI wireless thumb controller for the Ronin
- DJI offers free piloting lessons
- Paralinx Triton wireless HDMI transmitter
- Zacuto Gradical HD VS a car!
- Rokinon 135 is out and is fantastic
- A conversation about color
- The Misfit Bolt lights are giving the Phillips Hue some real competition.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Shining Stars by Vincent Tone
Spotlight: Frank Ippolito
Frank Ippolito is a special effects makeup artist with over a decade in the industry. Frank has built an incredible portfolio of work for film, television and more. We discuss Franks work on Pirates of the Caribbean and his two seasons as a contestant on the SyFy Channel’s hit competition show “Face Off”. Frank shares his techniques, his sources of inspiration and how he keeps his monsters looking fresh and unique. Frank Ippolito has been making monsters since age 10 and is here today to share his story with the Go Creative Show audience.
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Hollywood is a social scene
- Joining the union
- Designing a vampire in a new way
- the differences and similarities of fashion and special effects makeup
- How does his directing experience influence his makeup career.
- His experiences on FACE OFF season 1 and 5
- Frank’s work on Tested.com
- His podcast CreatureGeeks
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Today we speak with Ted Alexandro and Hollis James, comedians and creators of the new web series “Teachers Lounge”. We discuss the pros and cons of self-distributing online, pitching to comedy central, working with Alec Baldwin, Jim Gaffigan, Dave Attell and more. Plus their experiences from over 20 years of standup comedy.