IN THIS EPISODE:
Our guest today is award winning Cinematographer Rodney Taylor, ASC. Rodney discusses his latest feature film “Supremacy” starring Danny Glover plus stories from his countless feature films, television shows, and IMAX documentaries.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Calling You by GG Riggs
Spotlight: Rodney Taylor
Rodney Taylor, ASC is an award winning cinematographer of countless feature films, television shows, and IMAX documentaries. We discuss his latest feature film “Supremacy” starring Danny Glover. Then Rodney shares stories from his hit HBO television show “Getting On”, his upcoming Justin Timberlake concert film, and his beautiful and groundbreaking work on a variety of IMAX films. Rodney is one of the best cinematographers of our day and he’s here today to speak with all of you.
- Shooting IMAX films all over the world
- How to prepare to shoot a nature documentary
- Shooting major motion picture “Supremacy” on 16mm
- The challenges and rewards of shooting handheld with primes
- The benefits of pre-lighting
- Rodney’s upcoming concert film for Justin Timberlake
- Shooting the hit HBO show “Getting On”
- Shooting bears in Alaska
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Rodney’s film about the Tour de France “Wired to Win”
- Alaska: Spirit of the Wild
- Official website for BC Media Productions.com
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema