IN THIS EPISODE:
Director of Photography Paul Cameron joins us to discuss his work on the HBO series Westworld and how he masterfully blends a western with science fiction.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Spirit of the West by Olive Musique
Spotlight: Paul Cameron
Paul Cameron is the visionary director of photography for countless feature films, television shows and commercials and he’s here today to discuss his work on the HBO series Westworld. Paul and I discuss all his lighting and lensing techniques, working with Jonathan Nolan, shooting on film, not relying on visual effects, and how Paul masterfully combined a western with science fiction.
- Working with Jonathan Nolan
- The benefits of shooting for a writer/director
- Shooting on film
- Not relying on visual effects
- How to make science fiction more relatable
- Lighting and lensing choices
- How to shoot repetition in different ways
- Shooting the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean film
- How does big-budget TV compare to feature film
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Art of Food Photography (with Sarah Fennel) GCS148 - July 2, 2018
- The Cinematography of Westworld Season 2 (with John Grillo) GCS147 - June 1, 2018
- NAB 2018 (with Matt Allard and Erik Naso) GCS146 - May 23, 2018