IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we speak with professional editor, podcaster and post production guru Chris Fenwick. Chris shares his experiences from an over 30 year long career in broadcast television and post production. Including his work with Slice Editorial and his extremely successful podcasts Digital Cinema Cafe and FCPX Grill. We cover editing philosophies, gear, techniques and more.
Plus Illya Friedman from Hot Rod Cameras joins us to share his experience shooting with the newly announced Panasonic GH4 4K camera.
- MoVI Demo at Rule on Feb 26 more info at Rule.com
- Ben will do a FCPX 10.1 demo on a new MacPro at the upcoming BOSCPUG event on February 25. Visit BOSCPUG.org for more/span>
- Alex Buono explains how he shot a new skit for Saturday Night Live
- How to properly hide your Lav Mics
- NBC chooses Sony cameras for the Olympics
- Blackmagic Production camera starts shipping at a lower price
- Illya Friedman from Hot Rod Cameras talks about his experience with the Panasonic GH4
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Pay It Forward By Olive Musique
Spotlight: Chris Fenwick
Chris Fenwick has a 30 year history of creating broadcast television and corporate video projects that started years before even owning a computer. In 2007 Chris joined Slice Editorial in Oakland, CA where he produces video for Fortune 100 companies. In late 2008 Chris embraced the DSLR revolution and quickly became an expert on its post production workflow. He also was an early adopter of Final Cut Pro X and began sharing his experiences online through tutorials, blogs and social media. As Co-Host of digitalCINEMAcafe and Host of FCPX Grill, Chris has enjoyed sharing his thoughts and views on the world of digital cinema and post production and we talk about it all on today’s show.
- Chris’s editing workstation
- Chris’s two podcasts
- Social media tips
- Editing philosophies and techniques
- The DSLR Revolution
- Tools VS. Talent
- The role of the editor
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- NAB 2018 (with Matt Allard and Erik Naso) GCS146 - May 23, 2018
- Deconstructing Stranglers (with Portland Helmich) GCS145 - April 29, 2018
- A Quiet Place Cinematography (with Charlotte Bruus Christensen) GCS144 - April 16, 2018