IN THIS EPISODE:
Today I’m joined by Sarah Baskin, senior brand manager at Leapfrog. Sarah is a toy marketer who produces tv commercials, web videos and transmedia stories for the children’s toy industry. Sarah shares tips on marketing to kids and moms, directing children on set and her previous career writing for The Apprentice and other hit reality shows.
- Lynda.com offers a free 7-Day trial
- Rule Boston Camera Events at Rule.com
- Joe Simon shares thoughts on the Panasonic GH4
- Ben reviews the Kessler Parallax after a shoot
- Lumberjack Systems is now live! FCPX fans rejoice
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Come to Life By Ben Beiny
Spotlight: Sarah Baskin
Sarah Baskin has been playing in the worlds of entertainment, new media, and advertising for 15 years as a producer and marketing professional – from the early days of “webcasting”, when she was coined by Boston.com as the “Diane Sawyer of the Internet” to her current role as a brand marketer in the toy industry. Her expertise in transmedia storytelling has been acquired in the trenches of rich media advertising, reality TV development, children’s entertainment, and finally consumer marketing for companies such as Hasbro and LeapFrog. Reality TV, working with kids, and surviving death… we cover it all and get an in depth look at how video has revolutionized the toy industry.
- What is trans-media storytelling?
- The state of today’s toy industry
- Directing kids
- How to market towards kids and parents
- Why Sarah was named the Diane Saywer of the internet
- Writing for The Apprentice and other reality tv shows
- What is a viral video really?
- Surviving Death and the tv shows that don’t make it to air/span>
- Sarah’s latest commercial for LeapReader
- Sarah’s latest commercial for Read With Me Scout
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Lynda.com free 7 Day Trial!
- Sarah’s LinkedIn Page
- Official website for BC Media Productions.com
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- A Casting Director Tells All (with Angela Peri) GCS139 - January 18, 2018
- The Disaster Artist and Remaking The Room (with Brandon Trost) GCS138 - January 7, 2018
- Stranger Things Season 2 (with Tim Ives) GCS137 - December 18, 2017