IN THIS EPISODE:
This episode is a celebration of the Music Video artform! I’m joined by Steven Gottlieb, founder of VideoStatic.com A website dedicated to music videos and their creative community. We talk about the current state of the music video industry, the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards and how you can become a better music video director or producer.
Notes On Video Weekly Update
- Ben’s crazy week of production
- People are loving the Pure Hockey commercial Thanks guys!
- Ben is presenting an FCPX Multicam workflow at the August 22nd BOSCPUG event with Philip Hodgetts and Zack Arnold
- New segment called “Set Stories” Please send us your Set Stories and we will feature them on the show. Email your set story to ben at bcmediaproductions dot com
- Rokinon lenses look very similar to CP.2 Primes in our informal tests.
- Matt Allard posts a fantastic blog about ND filters. A must watch Watch It Now
- Digital Bolex releases 6 seconds of raw footage for your downloading pleasure
- Netflix has more competition after Amazon and Epix strike a deal
- Shane Hurlbut posts in-depth blog on the Blackmagic Cinema Camera
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: “Together We Can” by Ben Beiny
Spotlight: VideoStatic.com and the Music Video Industry
- Interview with Stephen Gottlieb, founder of VideoStatic.com
- The current state of the Music Video industry
- The upcoming MTV Video Music Awards
- How to distribute your music video
- Do Phil Collins’ videos kick ass?
- Why “Black Velvet” video makes Ben think of corn-dogs
- Why older videos are still relevant
- How to submit your video to VideoStatic.com
- Jay Z’s Picasso Baby by Mark Romanek
- How does Vine and Instagram help promote music videos
- How to build your music video career
- And much more.
As always, please rate us in iTunes! Visit: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-needcreative-podcast/id539359582 – it will take you 1 minute of your time…..
And remember you can ask questions, leave feedback (voice and otherwise) at www.needcreativepodcast.com
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Video Static VideoStatic.com
- Pure Hockey Commerical http://vimeo.com/71994932
- Matt Allard’s video TrueND Filters
- Matt Russell from Gain Structure Sound makes the Need Creative Podcast sound so DAMN GOOD! GainStructure.com
SHOW SUPPORTERS & DISCOUNT CODES:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Don’t forget you can get 20% OFF any Crumplepop product by using code “Need20” at checkout!