Building a Filmmaking Community (with Ron Dawson)
Today filmmaker Ron Dawson and I talk about running a production company. We discuss the challenges and rewards of commercial and corporate video, how to make your company stand out among the competition, and Ron’s philosophy of Collaborative Leveraging and how it could bring you the creative work you desire.
You Will Learn:
- The jump from wedding video to corporate.
- How to discuss budget with a new customer
- The creativity of corporate work
- What is “collaborative leveraging”
- Ron’s experience shooting in India
- The Hero’s Journey
- Strategies for shooting internationally
- How becoming an “Idea Company” helps Ron stand out among other production companies
- Are creative aggregation sites like SmartShoot your competition
- SoundandSea.TV and #ImprovJam/span>
- and more…
- Numbers – A child exploitation and Sex Trafficking
- Ron’s return to podcasting: Cinemaverick
- Official Website for BC Media Productions
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Sweet and Sour by Good News Tunes