Cinematography of Joker (with Lawrence Sher)
“Joker” Director of Photography, Lawrence Sher, shares behind the scenes secrets and his thoughts on the controversy surrounding the film.
Lawrence and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss the lighting and camera tricks that gave Joker its unique look, how they worked around Joaquin Phoenix’s leg injury, the camera and lenses used, filming subway scenes with LED projection technology, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why JOKER is a polarizing film
- Lawrence’s process prepping and creating the look for JOKER
- How Lawrence used various camera techniques to show the Joker’s progression
- How they worked aroundJoaquin Phoenix’s leg injury
- The camera and lenses used for JOKER
- The difficulties of working on a low-budget comic book film
- Filming subway scenes with LED projection technology
- The post production and color process
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
Hedge – The fastest way to backup media.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Shutterstock – Stock footage and photos you’ll love
Magnanimous Rentals – Production equipment rentals and more