The Science of Storytelling (with Derek Thompson)
Derek Thompson is the author of Hit Makers: The Science of Popularity in an Age of Distraction and together, we break down the patterns in popular music, tv, and movies to discover the science of storytelling.
You Will Learn:
- How familiarity beats originality
- Why distribution beats content
- Why storytelling genius is a new twist on a familiar idea
- How Spotify’s Discover Weekly playlist was more popular with old music
- How Rock Around The Clock was a failure before it was a hit
- How the Justin Bieber sound has created countless pop hits
- The myth of online influencers
- Breaking down the horror genre
- The familiar chord structures behind hit pop songs
- The art of Smart-Stealing
- Change the way you pitch ideas to clients by speaking their language
- and much much more!
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Ocean Ride by Tiny Music