IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we are covering Drone videography from all sides with four fantastic guests starting with Jos Stiglingh the creator of the mega-viral video “Fireworks filmed with a drone”. Then we are joined by two lawyers, Matt Saunders, a copyright attorney who discusses the legality of drones and the copyright issues that go with it and Jonathan Rupprecht, an attorney, commercial pilot and unmanned aircraft consultant that discusses the current FAA regulations. And finally, we invite Paul Antico, film maker and drone enthusiast, to talk about how he captures, grades and edits footage shot with a Go Pro and the DJI Phantom.
- Lynda.com offers a free 7-Day trial
- Rule Boston Camera Events at Rule.com
- Jos Stiglingh becomes the new face of Drone viral videography with his Fireworks Filmed with a Drone and we have him on the show to talk about it.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Pep Rebel By Brightside Studio
Ben’s Lynda.com Podcast Playlist
Spotlight: Drone Zone
I sit down with 3 amazing guests discussing all aspects of drone videography.
Matt Saunders is an attorney at Saunders & Silverstein LLP in Amesbury, Massachusetts. He practices in matters of trademark, copyright, Internet, and software law. We have matt on the show today discuss the legality of drones and the copyright laws associated with the footage.
Jonathan is a criminal defense attorney at the Law Offices of Roger P Foley in West Palm Beach. He is a commercial pilot and unmanned aircraft consultant and has a unique perspective on the current FAA regulations.
And finally, we invite Paul Antico, film maker and drone enthusiast, to talk about how he captures, grades and edits footage shot with a Go Pro and the DJI Phantom.
- Is it legal to shoot video with your drone?
- Who owns the footage that you shoot
- Safety tips for flying drones
- Proper shooting techniques
- What equipment should you buy for a successful drone flight
- Fixing common visual problems
- Can you sell your drone footage?
- Thoughts on the future of drone videography
- And more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Jonathan Rupprecht’s Book
- Model aircraft enthusiasts should read this.
- Read this to learn more about aircraft certification
- Anticipate Media Official Website
- Jos Stigling Twitter @Josstiglingh
- Official website for Saunders & Silverstein LLP
- Learn more about FAA’s interpretation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Official website for BC Media Productions.com
Lynda.com – You Can Learn It!
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
NewsShooter – Essential News for Real World Shooters
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The News From Cine Gear 2017 (with Erik Naso) GCS124 - June 16, 2017
- The Cinematography of Fargo Season 3 (with Dana Gonzales) GCS123 - June 6, 2017
- The Slow TV Movement (with Thomas Hellum) GCS122 - May 25, 2017