IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we celebrate FCPX-mas, thats right, our Holiday episode landed on the big Final Cut Pro 10.1 and Mac Pro release and we celebrate with Mark Spencer and Steve Martin from RippleTraining.com. We discuss everything you need to know about the update, plus how to correctly migrate to the new version.
- Januray Rule Events are coming up. More info at Rule.com
- Ben’s tips for hiring a crew outside of your own city
- Netflix to release House of Cards Season 2 in 4K
- Kessler Parallax is released!
- MacPro Unboxed Video from Peter Wiggins at FCP.co
- Matt Allard’s amazing new blog post for NewsShooter.com covers his experience covering Typhoon Haiyan in the Phillips
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: Just Having Fun by Joe Sacco
Spotlight: Mark Spencer and Steve Martin from Ripple Training
Steve Martin and Mark Spencer are the creative forces behind Ripple Training, what i consider to be the absolute best training for Final Cut Pro, Motion, Compressor, Davinci Resolve and more. They are both on the show today to talk about the new Final Cut Pro 10.1 update and share their thoughts on the new Mac Pro and Apple’s commitment to the pro community. Steve and Mark have becoming legends in the post production world with not only their training, but their podcast “MacBreak Studio” and their custom built templates and plugins all of which you can find on RippleTraining.com
- The new FCPX 10.1 update, what you need to know
- Interface changes and media management
- Best practices for migrating
- Amazing new features including better retiming and stabilization
- Improvements to Multicam
- Hidden features that you will love
- Apples commitment to the pro community
- Mark and Steve’s thoughts on the new Mac Pro
- 4K is here and the Mac Pro loves 4K
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The News From Cine Gear 2017 (with Erik Naso) GCS124 - June 16, 2017
- The Cinematography of Fargo Season 3 (with Dana Gonzales) GCS123 - June 6, 2017
- The Slow TV Movement (with Thomas Hellum) GCS122 - May 25, 2017