IN THIS EPISODE:
Today we speak with Jeff Cronenweth, the brilliant cinematographer for some of the most iconic films in cinema’s history including Fight Club, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Social Network and the recent hit Gone Girl. Jeff and I discuss his entire career including his stunning portfolio of music videos and commercials, the pro’s and con’s of digital film-making and working with director David Fincher.
- Lynda.com offers a free 7-Day trial
- Ben announces upcoming guests
- Ben’s new FCPX tutorials available now at Premiumbeat.com/blog
- Check out videos from past Rule Boston Camera events at Rule.com
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Soaring by Reaktor Productions
Ben’s Lynda.com Podcast Playlist
Jeff Cronenweth is truly one of our most brilliant cinematographers creating films like Fight Club, Girl with the Dragon tattoo, The Social Network and Gone Girl. These collaborations with David Fincher have dazzled audiences around the world, received countless awards and changed cinema forever . Jeff’s un-dying thirst for cinematic innovation has made him an advocate for digital film making and inspired his masterful commercial and music video work. And he speaks all about it today on Go Creative Show.
- Behind the scenes stories from Fight Club, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Social Network
- How Jeff created the look of Gone Girl
- Lighting faces to be evil and beautiful at the same time.
- Working with Madonna, Michael Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Taylor Swift and more
- Working with genius music video director Mark Romanek
- Jeff’s brilliant collaborations with David Fincher
- Go Creative Show listener questions
- How Jeff is inspired by his father Jordan Cronenweth
- How Jeff’s commercial work inspires his film work
- and more…
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Madonna’s video for O’Father
- Music video for Nine Inch Nails Perfect Drug
- Taylor Swift Shake It Off
- Official website for BC Media Productions.com
Lynda.com – You Can Learn It!
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Cinematography of Rogue One and LION (with Greig Fraser) GCS111 - January 9, 2017
- Optimize Yourself (with Zack Arnold) GCS110 - January 4, 2017
- The Photography of Air (with Vincent Laforet) GCS109 - December 23, 2016