IN THIS EPISODE:
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Winter Light by Tiny Music
Spotlight: Manuel Billeter
Comic book television shows have been on the rise with no signs of slowing down and two of the stand-out shows in this genre were shot by today’s guest. Manuel Billeter is the cinematographer of Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and the upcoming Iron Fist, and he joins us today to discuss his techniques for bringing these characters to life. his lighting, camera, and lensing choices and even a little sneak peek into the upcoming Defenders.
- The benefits of a formal film education
- The rise of comic book television shows on Netflix
- Why shooting a show for Netflix is “liberating”
- Shooting night exteriors on Jessica Jones
- How 1970’s blaxploitation films inspired Luke Cage
- Using Cineo LED lights Cineolighting.com
- Manuel’s love of wide lenses for Jessica Jones and Luke Cage
- How to shoot and light hero characters
- A sneak peak at Defenders?
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Manuel Billeter on Vimeo
- Ben Consoli on Instagram
- Go Creative Show Twitter
- BC Media Productions Website
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- NAB 2017 (with Matt Allard and Erik Naso) GCS121 - May 6, 2017
- The Cinematography of Get Out (with Toby Oliver) GCS120 - April 29, 2017
- Becoming a Better Interviewer (with Will Humphrey) GCS119 - April 19, 2017