IN THIS EPISODE:
Today’s guest is Pete Konczal, Cinematographer of the brilliantly shot Netflix hit, House of Cards season 4. Pete and I discuss how he applied his style to this season as well as his shooting and lensing secrets.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Out of the Woods by Allegory Music
Spotlight: Pete Konczal
Pete Konczal is the incredibly talented cinematographer of the massive Netflix show, House of Cards season 4. Pete and I discuss how he incorporated his style into this season, his shooting and lighting techniques, and why living in the shadows is more fun.
- Pete praises my Smart Kids Music Video
- The Cinematography of House of Cards
- The lighting and shooting techniques that Pete brought to House of Cards season 4
- Why was the 32mm the hero lens
- Embracing the shadows
- Why the Oval Office is the hardest space to shoot in
- Shooting on Red Dragon with the internal low light filter
- The benefits of shooting with 2 cameras
- Controlled Softlight
- The benefits of shooting art and fashion films
- Why Pete is inspired by Gordon Willis
- and much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Pete’s most recent art film
- Nike commercial directed by Vincent Laforet
- Commercial for Frigidaire
- Ben Consoli’s BTS Instagram profile
- Official Website for BC Media Productions
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Cinematography of A Cure For Wellness (with Bojan Bazelli) GCS115 - February 28, 2017
- The Science of Storytelling (with Derek Thompson) GCS114 - February 17, 2017
- Salary and Rate Negotiation for Creative Professionals (with Jim Hopkinson) GCS113 - February 10, 2017