IN THIS EPISODE:
Kim Masters is an award winning journalist, editor-at-large of The Hollywood Reporter, and host of KCRW’s The Business, and she’s here today to discuss the media’s influence on Trumps election, how Netflix has changed the film industry, and much more.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: A Million Snowflakes by Yan Perchuk
Spotlight: Kim Masters
Kim Masters is an award winning journalist, editor-at-large of The Hollywood Reporter and host of KCRW’s The Business. A former correspondent for NPR, she has also served as a contributing editor at Vanity Fair, TIME and Esquire, and was a staff reporter for The Washington Post. Kim and I discuss the media’s influence on the Trump election, the pro’s and con’s of the Netflix revolution and how the print industry might just be making a resurgence.
- The media influence on the Trump election
- The power of fake news
- Why reporting on Hollywood is more difficult than Washington
- The pro’s and con’s of Netflix and how it changed the production industry
- Is the print industry dying or is there a resurgence of physical media
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- Coyote Peterson and the Bites and Stings of Brave Wilderness (with Coyote Peterson and Mark Lavins) GCS116 - March 15, 2017
- The Cinematography of A Cure For Wellness (with Bojan Bazelli) GCS115 - February 28, 2017
- The Science of Storytelling (with Derek Thompson) GCS114 - February 17, 2017