IN THIS EPISODE:
Today’s episode is all about conducting successful interviews on camera and we are joined by Will Humphrey from Windy Films to share tips and stories from our experiences.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Dreamcatcher by GYOM
Spotlight: Will Humphrey
Will Humphrey is a partner and producer at Windy Films, and like many of us, has conducted countless on-camera interviews for his videos. Will and I share tips to help you get the best performances from your interviewee. Weather your shooting documentary, commercial, or corporate video, learning how to be a better interviewer will undoubtedly provide better results.
- The evolution of interview based videos
- How authenticity is key for interviews
- How Windy Films is creating video with social impact
- Building the perfect cinematographers pitch and mood board
- Making the move from home office to office space
- Selecting the perfect talent and preparing them for being on-camera
- The value of pre-interviews
- How a good hair and makeup person can shape the success of the shoot day
- Tips for a successful interview
- Signs that the interview is going bad, and how to change it
- How to interrupt your interview without being rude
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- The Cinematography of Halloween (with Michael Simmonds) GCS151 - October 15, 2018
- Production Design for Game Shows (with James Pearse Connelly) GCS150 - August 24, 2018
- Mobile Filmmaking (with Neill Barham and Chris Demiris) GCS149 - July 30, 2018