Better Call Saul Season 6 Cinematography (with Marshall Adams)
Marshall and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss using choreographed dance actors in the season 6 opening scene, why the “ant macro shot” was so challenging, filming the beautiful desert vistas, how crew is affected by filming in the desert, and so much more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- The emotional impact of filming the end of a show (02:07)
- Why the opening of season 6 was shot with dance actors (04:30)
- How to prep and film a oner continuous shot (08:16)
- Embracing new filmmaking technology (13:52)
- Creatively using smaller camera packages (17:28)
- Why the Alexa mini LF is the best choice (21:02)
- Complexities of filming an ant (24:22)
- Visual evolution of Better Call Saul (29:34)
- Capturing the breath-taking sweeping desert vistas (35:33)
- Visually communicating the journey of Saul (40:39)
- How BETTER CALL SAUL pays homage to filmmaking industry (43:36)
- How filming in the desert impacts film production (47:07)
- And more!