Creating the Documentary All In My Family (with Hao Wu)
Documentary filmmaker Hao Wu joins Go Creative Show host Ben Consoli to discuss his latest film, All In My Family. We talk about his transition from tech industry to full time filmmaking, filming one-man-band style for All In My Family, getting involved with Netflix, resources documentary filmmakers can use for their projects, being a filmmaker and a father, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Hao’s transition from a job in the tech industry to full time filmmaker
- Hao’s experience with documentary filmmaking
- Hao’s process creating ALL IN MY FAMILY
- What it was like coming out as gay to his conservative Chinese family
- The camera and sound equipment he used
- Operating as a one-man-band
- Getting the ALL IN MY FAMILY on Netflix
- Resources documentary filmmakers can use
- What makes a successful documentary pitch
- Being a filmmaker and a father
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
Hedge – The fastest way to backup media.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Shutterstock – Stock footage and photos you’ll love
Magnanimous Rentals – Production equipment rentals and more