Designing Disney’s Aladdin (with Gemma Jackson)
Gemma Jackson, production designer for Disney’s live action Aladdin, joins Go Creative Show host and commercial director Ben Consoli to discuss the film. As the award winning production designer of Game of Thrones, Finding Neverland, Bridget Jones Diary and more, Gemma shares her experience working with director Guy Ritchie to create Aladdin’s stunning look. Gemma shares how she adapted the classic cartoon into live action, creating the city ofAgrabah, her relationship with choreographers and cinematographers, her brilliant use of the iconic blue color for Will Smith’s Genie and much more.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Production Design process for ALADDIN
- Transforming the animated film into reality
- Designing the whole City of Agrabah
- Designing Sultan’s Palace
- Designing Aladdin’s Tower
- Gemma’s partnership with ALADDIN’S choreographer
- Gemma’s relationship with director Guy Ritchie
- Her use of color in ALADDIN
- Juxtaposition between the city and the desert
- Is authenticity important on ALADDIN?
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
Hedge – The fastest way to backup media.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Shutterstock – Stock footage and photos you’ll love
Magnanimous Rentals – Production equipment rentals and more