Designing The Man in the High Castle (with Drew Boughton)
Drew and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss how he designed the Nazi-controlled East, Japanese-controlled West, and Neutral Zone in the middle. Plus he shares how he prepped for the show, his relationship with lighting and wardrobe departments, his process aging sets and props, how his designs have evolved over the series, working with the VFX team, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Designing the Nazi-controlled East
- Drew’s relationship with the lighting and wardrobe departments
- Drew’s prep for The Man in the High Castle
- Learning from past and current political topics to create The Man in the High Castle
- Designing the Neutral Zone
- How they aged set decoration to look worn down
- The role of a greens-person on set
- Working with multiple directors on a TV series
- Working with the VFX team
- Designing the Japanese-controlled West
- How Drew’s production design has evolved over the series
- How Drew ensured the series had a consistent look overall
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
Hedge – The fastest way to backup media.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Shutterstock – Stock footage and photos you’ll love
Magnanimous Rentals – Production equipment rentals and more
PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Chillhop Tripping by Mattijs Muller