Dickinson Cinematography and Apple TV+ (with Tim Orr)
The all-new Apple TV+ streaming service has launched and we’ve got behind the scenes access for the series Dickinson, with cinematographer Tim Orr.
Tim and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss working for Apple, how he worked with the series creators to tell Dickinson in a modern way, how they lit a show that takes place before the invention of electricity, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Working with Apple on a TV show (04:20)
- Making a modern day Emily Dickinson (12:18)
- Tim’s camera and lens choices (14:50)
- The lighting of DICKINSON (28:18)
- Filming the Emily’s Death World scenes (35:13)
- The production design of DICKINSON (40:48)
- The most challenging scenes for Tim to film in the series (50:39)
- Tim’s experience working with Paul Reubens (55:58)
- Lighting and shooting comedies (58:52)
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
Hedge – The fastest way to backup media.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Shutterstock – Stock footage and photos you’ll love