Editing Reality TV (with Molly Shock ACE)
Learn about the tiring process behind editing some of your favorite reality TV shows with editor Molly Shock ACE.
Molly and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss how reality TV has evolved, her collaboration with editors and producers, the psychology of editing, plus behind the scenes of RuPaul’s Drag Race, MasterChef, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Molly’s experience editing for over 20 years (01:57)
- How reality TV has evolved over the years (06:17)
- Editing reality TV and RuPaul’s Drag Race (15:16)
- Editing MasterChef remotely due to COVID-19 (26:41)
- Collaborating with other editors and producers (29:42)
- Difficulty of editing out a scandalous character (35:50)
- Psychology of editing reality tv (41:46)
- Maintaining an engaging episode (44:52)
- Shooting schedule for reality tv (45:52)
- The process editing docu-style shows (47:50)
- Finding or becoming mentors in the industry (52:58)
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
MZed – Education for Creatives
PostLab – Collaboration for Final Cut Pro X and Premiere Pro