Production Audio (with Kevin Parker)
Today we speak with Kevin Parker, production sound mixer for feature films, television, documentaries and more. Kevin and I discuss his techniques for capturing sound on set and in the field, proper mic placement, how to hide the lav, and some tips that will help you capture better sound. Plus Dan Chung from NewsShooter.com joins us to discuss the latest industry news.
You Will Learn:
- Kevin’s remarkable shift from news to motion picture
- What is a production audio engineer?
- What is the creative side to capturing audio
- Proper lav placement
- Kevin’s tips and tricks for optimum sound in not-so-optimum locations
- Building the relationship with the DOP and director
- How to make the best use of your location scout
- Kevin’s favorite gear and why he uses it.
- Sanken RM-10
- Schoeps Shotgun Microphone
- Sanken CUB microphone
- and more…
- The Way Way Back Film
- Kevin’s IMDB
- Ben’s new FCPX tutorial for PremiumBeat.com
- Official website for BC Media Productions.com
Lynda.com – You Can Learn It!
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Crossroads Cool by Cymatix