Cinematography of Gone Girl (with Jeff Cronenweth)
Today we speak with Jeff Cronenweth, the brilliant cinematographer for some of the most iconic films in cinema’s history including Fight Club, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Social Network and the recent hit Gone Girl. Jeff and I discuss his entire career including his stunning portfolio of music videos and commercials, the pro’s and con’s of digital film-making and working with director David Fincher.
You Will Learn:
- Behind the scenes stories from Fight Club, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Social Network
- How Jeff created the look of Gone Girl
- Lighting faces to be evil and beautiful at the same time.
- Working with Madonna, Michael Jackson, Nine Inch Nails, Taylor Swift and more
- Working with genius music video director Mark Romanek
- Jeff’s brilliant collaborations with David Fincher
- Go Creative Show listener questions
- How Jeff is inspired by his father Jordan Cronenweth
- How Jeff’s commercial work inspires his film work
- and more…
- Madonna’s video for O’Father
- Music video for Nine Inch Nails Perfect Drug
- Taylor Swift Shake It Off
- Official website for BC Media Productions.com
Lynda.com – You Can Learn It!
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Soaring by Reaktor Productions