Lighting Maroon 5 (With Matt Guminski and Philip Hodgetts)
Maroon 5 is one of the biggest bands in the world and we sit down with their Lighting Director Matt Guminski to talk about how brings the live show to life. Matt also designed countless theater productions and is the lead lighting designer for Neon Trees. PLUS. Philip Hodgetts from Intelligent Assistance stops by to promote his new program “Lumberjack” and his appearance at this weeks BOSCPUG. Plus all the industry news of the week and more!
You Will Learn:
- How to break into the lighting field
- The difference between designing and directing lighting
- Matt’s experience designing and directing for Neon Trees and Maroon 5
- The right lights for the right emotions
- Austin City Limits
- The science of color
- Collaboration with the video and animation teams for live shows
- Theater Vs. live concerts
- And much more.
SHOW SUPPORTERS & DISCOUNT CODES:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: “Off Road” by Peter McIsaac
Don’t forget you can get 20% OFF any Crumplepop product by using code “Need20” at checkout!