IN THIS EPISODE:
Maroon 5 is one of the biggest bands in the world and we sit down with their Lighting Director Matt Guminski to talk about how brings the live show to life. Matt also designed countless theater productions and is the lead lighting designer for Neon Trees. PLUS. Philip Hodgetts from Intelligent Assistance stops by to promote his new program “Lumberjack” and his appearance at this weeks BOSCPUG. Plus all the industry news of the week and more!
- Ben promotes his live FCPX Multi-cam workflow at the BOSCPUG on August 22nd. RSVP here
- Philip Hodgetts joins us for a brief chat about his new program Lumberjack
- Ben promotes next weeks big episode with Michael Slovis, DP of Breaking Bad
- No Film School did a great article on Assemble
- The SteadyCam “Curve” is a SteadyCam for GoPro
- Zoom H6 is out and is awesome. Check out this Comparison Video
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this week’s full track here: “Off Road” by Peter McIsaac
Spotlight: Matthew Guminski, Lighting Director for Maroon 5
- How to break into the lighting field
- The difference between designing and directing lighting
- Matt’s experience designing and directing for Neon Trees and Maroon 5
- The right lights for the right emotions
- Austin City Limits
- The science of color
- Collaboration with the video and animation teams for live shows
- Theater Vs. live concerts
- And much more.
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
SHOW SUPPORTERS & DISCOUNT CODES:
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Don’t forget you can get 20% OFF any Crumplepop product by using code “Need20” at checkout!
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- Production Design for Game Shows (with James Pearse Connelly) GCS150 - August 24, 2018
- Mobile Filmmaking (with Neill Barham and Chris Demiris) GCS149 - July 30, 2018
- The Art of Food Photography (with Sarah Fennel) GCS148 - July 2, 2018