Louie Land (With Paul Koestner and Nate Weber)
Today we speak with Paul Koestner, Director of Photography for the hit comedy series Louie on FX. Paul talks about the challenges and rewards of shooting for the brilliant comedic mind of Louie CK, working with Red Cameras and why the cast and crew of Louie hardly ever rehearse. Plus Nate Weber talks all about CineGear 2014!
You Will Learn:
- Shooting Comedy
- Keeping it “fresh” by not rehearsing
- When to shoot profile
- Shooting NYC
- The mind of Louie CK
- Shooting on RED Cameras
- Paul’s lighting techniques
- What is Pig Newton?
- Why Paul hates camera sliders
- Paul’s Facebook Page
- Paul’s Book On The Wind And A Prayer
- Nate Weber’s production company Natums.com
- Official website for BC Media Productions.com
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Exclusive Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: The Last of Us Hollywood Trailer By Peter McIsaac Music