Salary and Rate Negotiation for Creative Professionals (with Jim Hopkinson)
Jim Hopkinson is the creator of SalaryTutor.com where he offers training on how to get paid what your worth. Jim and I discuss how to set your rates, discussing budget with your clients, and when to say NO to a project.
You Will Learn:
- The three categories of negotiation
- Best negotiation skills for freelancers
- How salary sites like salary.com can be helpful
- How to manage your clients expectation
- When to say NO to a client
- How to talk about budget with your client
- Charging hourly vs per project
- The pro’s and con’s of undercutting your competition
- When to quit your job/span>
- and much much more!
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: 7th Parallel by Stuart Rau