IN THIS EPISODE:
Jim Hopkinson is the creator of SalaryTutor.com where he offers training on how to get paid what your worth. Jim and I discuss how to set your rates, discussing budget with your clients, and when to say NO to a project.
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: 7th Parallel by Stuart Rau
Spotlight: Jim Hopkinson
Jim Hopkinson teaches ambitions professionals how to negotiate salary and get paid what they’re worth. He’s the author of the book Salary Tutor: Learn The Salary Negotiation Secrets No One Ever Taught You and the creator of SalaryTutor.com. Jim and I discuss salary and rate negotiation skills for creative professionals whether you’re a freelancer, business owner, or employee. We also share thoughts on how to discuss budget with your clients, how undercutting your competition may not be the best long-term strategy, and much much more. If you ever asked yourself What should I charge? This episode is not to be missed.
- The three categories of negotiation
- Best negotiation skills for freelancers
- How salary sites like salary.com can be helpful
- How to manage your clients expectation
- When to say NO to a client
- How to talk about budget with your client
- Charging hourly vs per project
- The pro’s and con’s of undercutting your competition
- When to quit your job/span>
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Latest posts by Ben Consoli (see all)
- Production Design for Game Shows (with James Pearse Connelly) GCS150 - August 24, 2018
- Mobile Filmmaking (with Neill Barham and Chris Demiris) GCS149 - July 30, 2018
- The Art of Food Photography (with Sarah Fennel) GCS148 - July 2, 2018