Stowaway Cinematography (with Klemens Becker)
In STOWAWAY, cinematographer Klemens Becker embraces claustrophobic cinematography while filming inside a spaceship. We also discuss simulated gravity, recreating the suns intensity in space, and his human take on a space story.
What you will learn in this episode:
- Why Klemens was drawn to STOWAWAY (01:13)
- Filming a small confined spaceship set (04:12)
- Using 36,000 LEDs to light the spaceship (09:59)
- Why cinematography and VFX were so tied together (25:47)
- Giving a sense of claustrophobia through cinematography (37:00)
- How gravity in space works (43:40)
- Rigs used on set to achieve zero gravity (50:53)
- Recreating the sun with one light source (58:01)
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
MZed – Education for Creatives