The Business of Stock Footage (with Derick Rhodes from Shutterstock)
Today we discuss the business of stock footage with Derick Rhodes from Shutterstock Derick teaches us how to get started in the stock footage business, what kinds of footage are successful, how to legally protect yourself and how 4K has changed the industry for the better. You could be the next stock superstar with the footage on your cutting room floor.
You Will Learn:
- Thoughts on this years NAB and Blackmagic Design
- Dericks Short Film “Secret Everything” and Vimeo distribution
- How to start a career in stock footage
- How to properly keyword your footage to stand out
- 4K Blu-Ray may change the industry forever
- His experience on the set of “House of Cards”
- The proper release forms for your video projects
- How much can you really make with stock footage
- Hollywood uses stock footage too
- and more…
- Derick Rhodes on twitter @madethesethings
- The Shutterstock Blog
- Submit your footage on Shutterstock NOW!
- Official Website for BC Media Productions
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
NewsShooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Move Your Feet by GYOM