The Cinematography of Atlanta, Glow, and Brigsby Bear (with Christian Sprenger) GCS128
IN THIS EPISODE:
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Forever Alive by Vincent Tone
Spotlight: Christian Sprenger
Cinematographer Christian Sprenger has been busy. In just the last couple of years he shot the FX hit Atlanta, GLOW on Netflix, and the recent Sony Picture Classic’s film Brigsby Bear. Christian and I discuss the 3 distinct looks he created in these works, the pro’s and cons of mastering in Dolby Vision HDR, why filmmaking punk rock, and so much more.
- Creating the 1980’s in camera
- The color pallet of Brigsby Bear
- The unique over-exposure technique used on Atlanta
- Shooting Arri Amira
- Mastering in Dolby Vision HDR
- The value of HDR filmmaking
- Christians lighting philosophy
- and much much more!
SOME LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Christian Sprenger’s official website
- Ben Consoli on Instagram
- Go Creative Show Twitter
- BC Media Productions Website
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema