The Cinematography of Halloween (with Michael Simmonds)
Michael Simmonds is the director of photography for the 2018 sequel to the classic horror film Halloween. Michael and Go Creative Show host Ben Consoli discuss shooting the film, working with director David Gordon Green, the parallels between horror and comedy and filmmaking philosophies that everyone can use.
You will learn:
- How John Carpenter was involved in the film
- Working with David Gordon Green
- The parallels between comedy and horror
- Being adaptable as a cinematographer
- How to modernize the original Halloween film
- When to use camera motion
- and much more
Hedge – The fastest way to backup media.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Shutterstock – Stock footage and photos you’ll love
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Walls of Jericho by Wolves