The Cinematography of Honey Boy (with Natasha Braier)
Learn how the Honey Boy cinematographer Natasha Braier brought her strong visual approach to create the films unique look.
What you will learn in this episode:
- How audiences are reacting to Honey Boy’s compelling story (02:59)
- Why Shia LaBeouf did not want this to be an auto-biographical film (06:15)
- Natasha’s documentary-style visual approach (14:50)
- Finding a crew on a low budget (20:23)
- Honey Boy’s unique lighting approach (25:27)
- The camera and lens package for Honey Boy (39:35)
- Natasha’s innovative approach to adding lens artifacts (45:09)
- Shooting for the edit – filming the opening flashback scenes (52:24)
- And more!
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
PostLab – Stress-free collaboration for Final Cut Pro X.