The Cinematography of The Jim Gaffigan Show (with Niels Alpert)
Niels Alpert is the cinematographer for the TV Land hit, The Jim Gaffigan Show and we discuss his unique lighting techniques and how Renaissance artists inspire his work.
You Will Learn:
- How Hieronymus Bosch and Caravaggio inspired Niels’ work
- Why Travel is essential for creative people
- Why good artists borrow, great artists steal
- Embracing the dark in comedy
- How Gordon Willis inspired Niels’ work
- Niels’ work shooting White Collar
- Lighting for Jim Gaffigan’s sensitive eyes
- Lighting comedy clubs around New York
- Roger Deakins
- Shooting with 2 Arri Alexa’s and Master Primes
- Christian Berger’s CRLS Lighting system
- Why still photography can inspire your next film
- and much much more!
- Niels Alpert Official Website
- The Jim Gaffigan Show
- Go Creative Show Twitter
- BC Media Productions Website
Hedge for Mac – The fastest way to backup media.
Kessler – Innovative Tools for Filmmaking
Rule Boston Camera – Buy. Rent. Create.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
Shutterstock – Premium Footage and Images
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Positive Day by K-Lo Music