The Coronavirus Impact on Hollywood (with Brendan Uegama and Matt Donnelly)
Go Creative Show is exploring the devastating effects of the COVID-19 Coronavirus on filmmaking. In this episode, cinematographer Brendan Uegama and Variety’s Matt Donnelly discuss how the Hollywood film industry has been effected and how it will adapt to the changing landscape.
Brendan, Matt, and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss Hollywood’s reaction to the spread of COVID-19, ways you can best use your time self-quarantining, being prepared for outbreaks in the future, staying motivated and creative during uncertain times, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
Cinematographer Brendan Uegama:
- Effects of COVID-19 on film production (04:17)
- Ways to stay creative at home (15:42)
- Increasing your skills during this downtime (22:17)
- Work lost because of self-quarantining (28:45)
- Will we see a work boom after COVID-19? (29:36)
- Can cinematographers work remotely? (30:52)
- How COVID-19 is effecting rental houses (34:01)
- Why you should be contacting people you want to work with (35:55)
Variety’s Matt Donnelly:
- Hollywood’s response to COVID-19 (40:12)
- Rescheduling movie releases (43:27)
- The lengths films go to getting awards (50:56)
- When will productions resume? (01:02:06)
- Preparing for future outbreaks (01:05:28)
- Film festivals reaction to COVID-19 (01:09:35)
- How to utilize your free time as a filmmaker (01:11:51)
- And more!
- Matt Donnelly’s Twitter
- Brendan Uegama’s Twitter
- Brendan Uegama’s Instagram
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
PostLab – Stress-free collaboration for Final Cut Pro X.
MZed – Education for Creatives