The Hate You Give Cinematography (with Mihai Malaimare Jr)
Cinematographer Mihai Malaimare Jr, joins Go Creative Show host and commercial director Ben Consolito discuss the making of ‘The Hate U Give’ and shooting on Panavision Millennium DXL with Primo lenses. Learn about Mihai’s decision to use real dashboard and body cameras, lighting with Phillip’s Hue LED’s, getting inspired by the photography of Eli Reed, and much more!
What you will learn in this episode
- The making of ‘The Hate U Give’
- Shooting Panavision Millennium DXL and Panavision Primo 70 lenses
- Using real dashboard and body cameras
- Using Philips Hue lights for practicals
- The benefits of Astera LED’s
- Working with Francis Ford Coppola
- Shooting for black and white on the film ‘Twixt’
- Why you need to read ‘Art and Visual Perception’
- How the photography of Eli Reed inspired Mihai
- Getting inspired by this commercial
- and much more!
Hedge – The fastest way to backup media.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Shutterstock – Stock footage and photos you’ll love
News Shooter – Making the real world look as good as cinema
The PremiumBeat.com Song of the Week
- Listen to this weeks full track: Hot Shot by GYOM