The Invisible Man Cinematography (with Stefan Duscio ACS)
Stefan Duscio and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss the technical issues behind filming an invisible character, using a robotic camera for VFX shots and the value of unmotivated camera movement. We also discuss why Stefan still uses a light meter, filming with the Alexa Mini LF and how he prepared for an IMAX release!
What you will learn in this episode:
- The original 1933 version of THE INVISIBLE MAN (02:01)
- Stefans pre-production process (05:15)
- Pitching ideas and treatments to directors (14:55)
- The technical approach to filming an invisible character (21:08)
- Filming the kitchen fight scene in THE INVISIBLE MAN (27:12)
- Stefan’s approach to lighting (32:48)
- Using a robotic camera to create unmotivated camera movement (35:52)
- Filming as much in-camera as possible (38:57)
- The camera and lens package on THE INVISIBLE MAN (48:42)
- What it’s like having a film released in IMAX (56:33)
- Stefan’s filmmaking philosophy (59:02)
- Stefan’s use of natural light (01:02:22)
- Why Stefan still uses a light meter (01:07:47)
- And more!
- The Invisible Man IMDb
- The Invisible Man trailer
- Stefan Duscio’s IMDb
- Stefan Duscio’s Instagram
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
PostLab – Stress-free collaboration for Final Cut Pro X.