The Lion King and Virtual Filmmaking (with Caleb Deschanel)
Caleb and Go Creative Show host, Ben Consoli, discuss modeling cameras and lenses for virtual filmmaking, how Caleb was able to move the sun around in virtual space to get the perfect lighting, using a real drone for the Circle of Life sequence, and more!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Caleb’s pre-production process for The Lion King
- Building and filming the Virtual Reality sets
- How Caleb managed to use traditional gear to film a virtual world
- Being able to move the sun around in virtual space
- How Caleb was able to alter virtual sets to achieve certain shots
- Post-production process for The Lion King
- Using a real drone for the Circle of Life sequence
- Caleb answers your audience questions
- How Caleb drew inspiration from the animated film
- Caleb’s take on the future of filmmaking
- And more!
- The Lion King IMDb
- To Be King: Making The Lion King
- Caleb Deschanel’s IMDb
- Ben’s Twitter
- Ben’s Instagram
The Go Creative Show is supported by:
Hedge – The fastest way to backup media.
PremiumBeat – Premium Royalty-Free Music and Sound
Shutterstock – Stock footage and photos you’ll love
Magnanimous Rentals – Production equipment rentals and more